Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Buddy is sick, maybe what Pepper had?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 01:13 PM
jean20057 (Kristen)
Member of the Month November 2014
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
jean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Buddy is sick, maybe what Pepper had?

Hey everyone. I wish I was back under better circumstances. My budgie Buddy has some crackling sounds coming from his air sacs. He also beeps when he flys. Not the "I'm excited" beep, but the "I'm in pain" type of beep. I'm going to take him in to the vet regardless, but I'm hoping someone else has had this problem too. We had this same problem with our other budgie Pepper, who passed last year 2 weeks after his bestie Peatri. We never were able to figure out what happened to Pepper, so this really is urgent.

If someone has any advice or experience to share, I would really appreciate it. These guys are like our kids, and we love them as such.

We have an appointment for him at a new vet tomorrow, and our normal vet Dr. J is in surgeries all day, other wise I'd take him there. I just need some help while I'm forced to wait. I can't separate him from Perry, because he gets massively stressed, and I don't want to risk a heart attack right now given his current state. He's covered on 3 sides already, and it's pretty warm in the house, and so chills. We put milk thistle and dandelion extract in his water to help support his liver. I guess I'm just hoping that someone has experienced something like this to help me in the meantime. Thanks everyone.

Kristen

Thank you for my wonderful signature Deb!!!
RIP Pepper, Peatri, Holly, Mini, and Quarty