Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Buddy is sick, maybe what Pepper had?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 08:52 PM
jean20057 (Kristen)
Member of the Month November 2014
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
jean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond reputejean20057 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkat View Post
Have you tried putting a bowl of warm water underneath his cage with a few drops of eucalyptus oil? That may help with his breathing. I'm sorry he's so ill, I wish I had more advice to offer
I didn't think eucalyptus was safe because there are so many varieties that are toxic. I mean that's what I've been told. We heated a mug of water in the microwave and set it next to the cage and cover everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody View Post
Sorry to hear that Buddy is ill. A couple of things came to mind when I read your post besides a respiratory issue, could he have air sac mites? The other thing is a problem with the thyroid. These 2 things came to mind because of your mention of the beep sound, with both of these problems you can hear weird sounds coming from them. I would keep Buddy in the cage and not let him out until you see the vet. How is he acting otherwise, is he eating?
I don't see air sac mites being possible because he never goes outside and no contact with birds outside of our flock. He's a bit lathargic, and I'm not sure if he's been eating. I know Perry feeds him though. He has an appointment at 11 tomorrow morning, I just hope he makes the night to make it to his appointment.

Thank you for my wonderful signature Deb!!!
RIP Pepper, Peatri, Holly, Mini, and Quarty