Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - My budgie died today... Did I do enough for him?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 09:15 PM
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very sorry for your loss of Floyd. He was obviously well-loved and will be sorely missed.

Please don't blame yourself. It sounds as though you gave Floyd very good care and sometimes we just don't know budgies are ill because they are extremely good at hiding symptoms of illness. His diet may not have been the best, but I doubt that the all seed diet would have caused problems that quickly since he was only seven months old.
Without a necropsy, there is no way to know what exactly was wrong with Floyd nor why the issue progressed so quickly. It's never easy losing one of our beloved budgies and my heart goes out to you during this difficult time.

I don't think you did anything wrong. If you decide to get another budgie, then I'd suggest you take the time to read through the stickies and budgie articles offered here on the forum. They offer a wealth of information to help ensure our members are aware of the best practices in caring for their little feathered friends.

Fly high and free sweet Floyd, rest peacefully now little man.