Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Coming out of Breeding Condition?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 11:52 AM
BooksBudgies (Katie)
Young Budgie

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
BooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic person

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryBee View Post
How long have you had her on the conditioning diet?
I'd go ahead and put the nest box in right away.
If Charlie is ready to breed, she should start going in the nest box now to prepare for laying.
Having the nest box available will hopefully encourage her hormones to flip back into condition at this time.
The supplement needs to be increased over a period of 6 weeks so she hasn't been having the full amount for breeding until recently. The increase of supplement over the weeks should bring the birds into condition. I was wondering if putting the box in would help her. Thanks for confirming that!
"The LORD your God is with you; the mighty One will save you. He will rejoice over you. You will rest in His love; He will sing and be joyful about you." ~Zephaniah 3:17

Offering custom art for sale. PM me for details