Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Question: How to Best Prepare for an Emergency Evacuation with Birds
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 06:19 PM
Cody
Super Moderator

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 1
Cody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen the fires on the news, really terrible.
I have several carriers similar to the one in this link https://www.amazon.com/Super-Pet-Kay...animal+carrier
I also have a couple of small cages that I could grab in an emergency and put in the car along with food and water dishes. If the need to evacuate comes I think my biggest issue would be getting all the birds in the travel cages in a hurry if need be, time is the best thing you can have so if there is a good chance that you ever will need to evacuate don't wait until the last minute when you have to run around like crazy. I suppose you could put together a bag or box of non perishable stuff you could take also, but if you include food in that, unless you rotate it periodically, it may end up being years old before you ever have to use it and that would not be good.