Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Therm's Flock Adventures! (On-going)
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Therm
Member of the Month January 2016

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
Therm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond reputeTherm has a reputation beyond repute

I know Julie always tells me how lucky we are for mutations over here but it's been a want to get a yellow bird for some time.
Sherbert was a partial win but then I saw a pair of beautiful Lutinos in my local pet shop. I got one of them, and then the following day, I purchased the other after some thinking time.

We called them Mango (the one I purchased Friday) and Lemon.
Without going into a drawn out story, Sunday night, little Mango died. I've been on a few UK only Facebook budgie groups and it seems that a lot of breeders are having a lot of problems with babies this year and young birds dying. We've had a very long hot summer this year which is not the usual for us. Whether this is compromising some of the breeders young I have no idea but the only thing I can say is that I was glad I purchased Mango and not a kid as it would have been heartbreaking for them to see their little bird die after a few short days.
About a week before the Mango incident, we also lost Star. No signs of illness just dead in the cage one morning.

Despite that, Lemon is doing really well. He's a sweet little fella and I can'r wait to introduce him to the others.

Mango

Lemon

Now an update on the rest of the flock.

Jay & Eve are still a couple. They are all sharing the flight cage right now and are still very content together.

Skye was bonded to Star so was a little sad after she died but he has started to flirt with Blue, Star's daughter with a very similar mutation as her Mum.

My new girls are getting on very well. Sophie is very bossy and vocal. She flock calls a lot. And moans when one of the other girls sits too close to her.
Stella is much more chilled out and Kiwi is doing great adapting to a proper cage where she can sit on perches.

Tommy & Henry are still besties.

Sherbert has found a surrogate Mum in Sadie who is still mothering him. it's pretty adorable.

Cassie and Stan had two chicks with one more to come.They're amazing parents!

Here's all of my birds, except for Jay because I forgot to add him. So sorry Jay!