Old 01-14-2019, 07:04 AM
atolin (Alex)
Egg

Number of Budgies: 1
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
atolin is on a distinguished road
Default New diet transition

Hello, I realize this topic has been discussed ad nauseum but I have a few concerns I hadn't seen addressed in other posts. Anyways in the process of switching Yogi from seeds to Roudybush "niblet" pellets, and having a bit of a hard time.

Long story short, I've been mixing it for 2 months now with his seeds but he just eats around it. 3 days ago, I decided to give him just pellets and much to my surprise he nibbled on quite a bit of it in the AM. He has also had access to carrots, spinach, kale and broccoli which are foods he also enjoys. He's been acting extremely rambunctious though, and I believe (well actually I'm sure) he's been trying to get to his food bad with seeds as he's free roam and it's set behind his cage. By "rambunctious" I mean totally out of the ordinary behavior, screaming much more and flying around and squaking more than usual. He's out all day, and only goes in to sleep.

I've caved and been giving him a dish of seeds to eat maybe 3 hours out of the day (all at once) of his seeds then putting them away and putting the pellets back, as I don't want him to starve.

TLDR: switching diet, has access to other foods he enjoys, is a budgie acting up a bit during diet transtition normal? Mind you, he's not starving... Has access to other foods and also has been eating some pellets. Thank you!!