Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Katie's Art Thread (Ongoing Thread)
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 01:19 AM
BooksBudgies (Katie)
Young Budgie

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
BooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic personBooksBudgies is a fantastic person

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensGryf View Post
Looks like another really great drawing Katie! Itís fun to see your work from beginning to end .
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryBee View Post
Awesome!!
I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Okay, I'll first post the finished pieces and then follow with the beginnings of new ones.

This is now what I call my "Santa Fe" page. I hope this will encourage you all to watch the musical, because it is truly something marvelous You'll understand more if you watch the entire movie (they filmed a live performance) but essentially there's the "Santa Fe Prologue" and then the climax at the end of Act 1 with Jack's "Santa Fe" (right sketch). This is my favorite song of the musical, it's simply too good for words. Anyway the sketch on the left is from the prologue. I call it "Ridin' In Style" taken directly from the lyrics. The context is Crutchy is fantasizing of a future in which he can move independently of his crutch through riding a palomino (yes, specifically a palomino). I went for a rough, minimalistic look for this sketch and purposefully included a left-behind crutch. You may have learned more about Newsies than you wished, but I take my duty to educate very seriously Next, I'll take on another realism project with a face.

This is the start of some watercolor portrait work. It'll be a little girl with a budgie, portrayed by Echo.

And the final two pieces for the wedding are all sketched out. I've made some changes that will be reflected in the painting, but for now, I'm just going to post the rough draft sketches.
"The LORD your God is with you; the mighty One will save you. He will rejoice over you. You will rest in His love; He will sing and be joyful about you." ~Zephaniah 3:17

Offering custom art for sale. PM me for details