Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Techno's Food Tantrum
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 08:59 PM
Zefier
Egg

Gallery: 0
Zefier is on a distinguished road
Default Techno's Food Tantrum

So, my young budgie Techno has shown their first really funny behavior quirk today. I wouldn't call this bad behavior just Techno being quirky, I found it funny so I decided I'd share.

We've been switching Techno over to a Pellet primary diet (Obviously still offering greens and other veggies on the side but, getting them off those fattening seeds slowly and expanding their palette). They'd eaten pellets before with no seed, so I know they do accept pellets.

However, after a long day of playing and exploring, I settled in Techno for their nightly snack before sleep.

Unfortunately, turns out Techno decided they DID NOT appreciate their Pellets tonight.

First, they started digging through their pellets, as if looking for food underneath. Then they started stuffing their face downwards and rolling around in the pellets, a bit like a toddler throwing a tantrum. Then started climbing all around their food bowl, before going back to rolling in the pellets.

I finally relented, and mixed in their normal seed with the pellets, and they immediately calmed down, had their snack (Which involved them eating the Pellets along with the seeds), and went to bed.

I don't think this is anything serious, just Techno being a bit moody being in the middle of their first molt and getting used to a diet change. I just thought it was amusing behavior that I wanted to share as it got a chuckle out of me.