Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Requesting Rehoming Advice
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 05:42 PM
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute

Owning birds does put a huge limitation on one's ability to travel unless the owner is fortunate enough to have someone extremely trustworthy to care for them.
Having recently relocated to another state and no longer having access to anyone to care for my birds, I fully understand the situation you are currently experiencing.
I've accepted that currently having six budgies and two lovebirds means that vacations or other travel is not in the cards for me for several years, yet I recognize many people would not be happy if they were tied to their home by their animals.

Obviously the best thing for your budgies would be for them to stay where there are.
Anytime budgies are moved to a new environment where they are expected to adjust to different humans and interaction, it is going to cause the birds stress.

That said, only you can determine how willing you are to sacrifice your ability to leave home for more than a couple of days at a time.

Depending on where you are located, there may be bird rescue centers in your area that could help you locate a prospective owner that would be able to adopt your budgies without being bothered by the fact they are independent and skittish little souls, not amenable to hand taming and able to commit to loving and caring for them for the rest of their lives.

If not, and you are really unhappy with your current situation, then I'd suggest you begin the process of very carefully screening individuals to determine if you believe they would be capable of giving your birds a safe and loving home while fully accepting the limitations the budgies would place on their activities.

Best of luck in your decision.
Please let us know how the situation is resolved.