Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Need advice about my Gwen
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 06:42 AM
Aithusa
Egg

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
Aithusa is on a distinguished road

Hello, recently my Gwen lost her long time buddy. They were together for over 7 years. They both were not tamed and never wanted to leave their cage.
Since Arthur is gone(about 10days now) we talk a lot and started training a bit. She was always less afraid and even at one point, years ago, would step on my finger but then we moved and ever since she does not want.
She loves to eat millet out of my hand, and they both always liked that. I am trying now to hand train her, to step on my finger and maybe even leave cage. But she always walks away when i put my finger near, and i back off. Should i not or is it okay giving her space? Sometimes she will not move, but kinda bite it a little. And sometimes she is calm and does not move, but that does not last long even though my hand is perfectly still.
I got advice to not put finger in front of her, but put crossbar or something like that. I am not sure if that is good advice? She is not scared of me. She loves when we talk, and moves closer.
She is not type bird to play with her toys, she sings, sleeps or eats....and now that she is alone i want to make sure she is not lonely or unhappy. So any advice is more than welcome. Thank you. I am putting her picture so you can see how beautiful my little princess is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P90502-182714_1556880109171.jpg (60.5 KB, 9 views)