Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Rough moult or something worse?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 10:26 PM
Blingy (Kellie)
Young Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
Blingy is a splendid one to beholdBlingy is a splendid one to beholdBlingy is a splendid one to beholdBlingy is a splendid one to beholdBlingy is a splendid one to beholdBlingy is a splendid one to beholdBlingy is a splendid one to behold
Default Rough moult or something worse?

Hi all, I'd really like to get your opinion on my 18 month old budgie Peanut, and whether you think he's just going through a particularly difficult moult or if you think there may be something else going on. He looks so scraggly! He's rubbing his head and face a lot, and resting/sleeping more than usual, but apart from that, he's mostly his usual self. He's eating and pooping normally and still singing his little heart out. I don't remember his last moult being this bad. He certainly didn't have bare patches like he does this time. All 3 of my budgies have an appointment at the vet for a routine checkup in 10 days, but I'm wondering if I need to try to make it sooner. If Peanut is unwell, I want him seen ASAP of course, but if he's just going through a rough moult I'd rather hold off on the vet until he's feeling more his old self as I don't want to put him under anymore stress. I've attached some photos. I apologise they're not the best but Peanut was not in the mood to cooperate. Any advice (or reassurance) would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk