Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Male female cage split?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 09:20 AM
PoukieBear (Michelle)

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 7
PoukieBear is a fantastic personPoukieBear is a fantastic personPoukieBear is a fantastic personPoukieBear is a fantastic personPoukieBear is a fantastic personPoukieBear is a fantastic personPoukieBear is a fantastic personPoukieBear is a fantastic personPoukieBear is a fantastic person

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorbi82 View Post
If you have two boys two girls you may get a bonded pair and the two boys will be friends, kiss and feed each other lol. I would think that would be better than three!

Each bird has their own temperament and personality, some females are alpha and aggressive some are sweeter than boys and timid.. boys are affectionate and can be controlling.. they will bond if they like each other.. I would do two boys two girls
I would advise against getting a male, or even two more males. This can be a recipe for disaster, especially since Bedfor already mentioned that breeding is an option for the future, not right now.

Having two females that get along together right now is the best option, and will not risk any unwanted breeding.

Bedford - as Cody already mentioned, do not add any other birds to your flock right now, and just enjoy your birds. In the meantime, do tons and tons of research on budgie breeding, it's not as simple as many people seem. It's a LOT of work, a LOT of mess, a LOT of stress and anxiety if things go wrong.... Its not always sunshine and rainbows.

There's lots of info on the forums to read through, and of course we will always be here to answer any questions you may have.