Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Heater for budgie cage
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 10:12 AM
Cody
Super Moderator

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 1
Cody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond repute

Since heat rises if you put something on top of the cage it may not be too useful for the birds, as they will be below the heat. If you can somehow secure a heating pad to the side of the cage it may be more beneficial. I have a heater like the one in this link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FT1XZW/ref=dp_cerb_2
if I have a sick bird that needs to be kept really warm I use it, there is nothing exposed on it so it will not start a fire if something comes in contact with it and I have left it on all night with no problems, but I understand the reluctance to do so. The only bad thing is that it does use a lot of electricity. Should you decide to use something like this just make sure there is no teflon in it that would get heated up.