Old 06-27-2019, 05:27 PM
Noxiousted (Ted)
Hatchling

Number of Budgies: 1
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
Noxiousted is on a distinguished road
Default New Budgie Question

I recently decided to get Mercedes a friend. He is lonely most of the time because I'm busy. I went to the store and picked up the most active, loving bird in the cage. Though I have questions about the way he is acting.

He is skinny, as if he is sucking his feathers in. Sometimes he holds his wings open. Most of the time he is also blinking and keeping his eyes closed. I've never seen this in a new bird I've gotten. I'm just wondering if he could possibly be showing signs of sickness. I'm half a week into quarantine and I took him out and put Mercedes in the bedroom. He is active and can fly a bit and moves around normally. He has a slide to his feet though as if he is still getting used to walking. He is calm not flying around like crazy more as a terrified calm though. I haven't really touched him only to get him to where he needs to go. I've tried putting him in the cage and he never touches the food or water. He only eats and drinks outside of the cage. He preens normally and I've noticed he actually preens a lot and does it over and over. As if he wants it done right. He also lets out squeaks and sqwabbles. Mercedes and him communicate back and forth from both rooms. I haven't tried introducing them though. I plan to keep to the quarantine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190627_161416.jpg (21.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190627_161439.jpg (43.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190627_161546.jpg (39.9 KB, 13 views)