Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Red area on budgie feet
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 06:02 PM
Cody

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 1
Cody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryBadgers View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone!

I bought some vet wrap and have put it on their favourite perches (and the plastic roundabout).

I think I've had a bit of a 'breakthrough' last night. I noticed that my other budgie had a similar 'injury' on one of his feet as well. I found this strange considering the cage setup. So I remembered something: they like to occasionally congregate on the plastic food bowls. Each bowl has a hard plastic rim, and on closer inspection there is a small 'seam' poking out around the rim. I'm thinking that when they lean in to eat the food they are rubbing their feet in that area on the rim.

I've put in a small 'riser' on the inside of the bowl so they don't have to lean, and will be looking for a decent food bowl replacement (preferably much shallower)
If you want to continue to use that bowl try rubbing the seam with sandpaper to smooth it down.