Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Coconut update
Thread: Coconut update
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 10:02 PM
Cody

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 1
Cody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond reputeCody has a reputation beyond repute

So good to hear that things have turned out so well. In my opinion birds that can fly lead a more natural life, I do not clip any of my birds. Usually once a bird is used to the surroundings they can navigate quite well and do not crash into things, providing you are not constantly moving things around and your household is not one where there are children and other animals constantly running around and causing chaos. If they were startled and just took off from where they were in a panic, then you might find that they would fly into something but it would be out of the panic and fear from whatever spooked them. Birds should always be supervised when out of the cage and you must make sure all doors and windows are closed or have a screen on them, toilet seats closed and don't allow them in the kitchen. Mirrors can be a problem because the bird thinks it can fly through them so you must take precautions not to let that happen. If you decide to clip the wings now, since Coco has now had a taste of what it is like to be a bird and fly, you may find her very frustrated if again she loses the ability to fly. You can get a clip that still allows for some flight but the bird cannot get too much lift, if you decide to do that make sure that whoever is doing the clip knows what they are doing, and not clip all the flight feathers, if you have an avian vet that would be the best place to take her.