Sim
Hatchling

Number of Budgies: 3
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
Sim is on a distinguished road
Default Problematic Behavior

Hello everyone!

I am so sorry I have been away for months, but I had no good news to write here: my relationship with my budgie Celeste has gotten even worse, to the point that I can't even put my hand or my face near her without her trying to bite me.

It all started when I went back to school in September. Celeste was used to spend a lot of time with me, as I was at home for most of the day during summer (we really bonded in those three months), and she definitely suffered when I started being absent for half a day.

I thought she would have gotten used to my routine over time, and that perhaps she had become aggressive for other reasons, such as molts and adolescence.
But this has been going on for 4 months, and now she is 11 months old.

Meanwhile, Celeste has "bonded" with one of her toys, a bell, but, in my opinion, she has become too attached to it.
For example, she tries to get head scratches from the bell! She puts her head on it and then shakes her head. Isn't it unhealthy?

She certainly feels lonely. Her parents live in the same room as her, in a different cage, but when they meet, the two are often aggressive toward her, and when they are not, she is still left out. I wish I could take another budgie in that could spend time with her, but, unfortunately, I can't.

Another problem is the fact that she can't fly very well, so she tends to stay in her cage, that is on the wall five feet off the floor. She hardly ever leaves her cage, and when she does, she can only land on the floor (as I said, she is a bad flier) where she can't do anything.

So, what do you suggest me to do?
I want her to be happy, but I don't know what I should change.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Sim; 01-09-2020 at 03:04 PM.