Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - How to bond with my budgie
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 10:36 AM
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute

Instead of trying to get her to sit on your hand, try simply sitting by her cage and talk, sing and read to her. Leave her cage door open so she has the option of coming out if she chooses to do so when you are doing this.

Try playing the "blinking game" with her. When she's looking at you, blink your eyes slowly and see if she will mimic you. Do this several times in a row.

I had a couple of budgies that loved to come over to the bars while they were inside the cage and I was outside the cage and then would sit and cock their heads, chirp and interact in that manner. One budgie loved to preen my hair when I would lean my head over near the cage where he could reach it.

Play different types of music and see if she reacts more strongly to one type than another. She might enjoy being near you and listening to the music while you talk with her.

Does she have a favorite toy? Play with the toy and make excited noises while you do so. She may want to come and join in the fun.

Best wishes!