Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - How to bond with my budgie
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 01:57 PM
justmoira (Moira)
Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
justmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admiration

My boy Sweetie is always on me and needs that sort of interaction. He's always been that way.
My girl Lemon, oh boy, she was a firecracker. It took her a full year before she truly warmed up to me and would come out to play with me specifically, and even then it was always on her own terms. My husband always called her 'Little Miss Tough Stuff, a fierce independent bird that didn't need no human'. I got her when she was all of 3 months old and had her her entire five years. She was the same the entire time.
Some birds need a long time. Some birds are content doing their own thing. It sounds like your girl is just an independent one. It might be worth it to come up with some fun foraging games or something that you set up in front of her and sit with her while she works them out, and chat with her while you do. It'll make her feel included but not pressured.