Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Not a feather cyst
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 12:29 PM
Riovedo (Tammy)
Young Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
Riovedo has a spectacular auraRiovedo has a spectacular auraRiovedo has a spectacular aura
Default Not a feather cyst

Hi All,

So I noticed a feather on one of my males, Baxter, that was sticking out so I thought he was going to lose it. After a week it was still sticking out so I took a closer look and there was a bump in the area the feather was sticking out. I did my research and my thought was that it was a feather cyst. He then started picking at it and there was blood everywhere so I took Baxter to the avian vet and she said it wasn't a feather cyst and appeared to be a tumor....whether it was malignant or not she couldn't say. He was sent home with the "cone of shame" for budgies, antibiotics and an anti inflammatory. It wasn't an option to remove "the tumor" because it's in an area where there isn't much skin...if it continued to be a problem she said the only option would be to amputate the wing. Fortunately the bump is almost completely gone....thank God! So to finally get to my question.....has anyone experienced this with their bird(s)? Baxter isn't due back to the vet yet for a follow up but it just seems like if it was a tumor, that antibiotics and an anti inflammatory wouldn't have that affect. Anyone have any insight?

Last edited by FaeryBee; 08-15-2020 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Please do not use excessive punctuation such as "?????" One is sufficient.