Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Is there a genetic order to what mutation a baby will be?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 07:49 AM
riotfox (FoX)
Optimus Prime
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
riotfox has much to be proud ofriotfox has much to be proud ofriotfox has much to be proud ofriotfox has much to be proud ofriotfox has much to be proud ofriotfox has much to be proud ofriotfox has much to be proud ofriotfox has much to be proud of

ahh woops sorry for posting three times ill delete those in a second. so im guessing you dont know much about how genetics works?

if not, heres an attempt at explaining it.

say you had a blue budgie and a green budgie split for blue. and they had babies. for the base colour, each baby would recieve one chromosome (i think thats the right word) from each parent.

the blue parent would have two genes for blue because blue is recessive. so, it would have to give the baby a blue chromosome.

the green parent would have one gene for green and one gene for blue, because its split
for blue. so, it could give the baby a green or a blue chromosome. it is completely random which chromosome is given by each parent. if it gave the baby a green, then the baby would have one green and one blue chromosome, and would be green because green is dominant to blue. if it gave a blue chromosome, then the baby would be blue because it would have two blue chromosomes.

so there is a 50% chance of the baby being green. thats the basic idea behind the percentages but more complicated and with lots of mutations.

sorry i made that a bit too simplistic then i meant it to be . just so you know i dont think you dont get genetics at all. and i hav no idea about the specific mutations like dark eyed clear