Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - What mutation is Caspir?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Caspir (Kay)
Member of the Month
State:

Number of Budgies: 6/2
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 24
Caspir is greater than greatCaspir is greater than greatCaspir is greater than greatCaspir is greater than greatCaspir is greater than greatCaspir is greater than greatCaspir is greater than great

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2many View Post
I agree too. What you call teal I called turquoise, as I had two budgies with that same beautiful shade of blue. Mine were a normal skyblue and a dominant pied skyblue. They were brothers and both parents were dark green split to blue. These boys had a brother who was a dominant pied dark green. He paired up with a dominant pied cobalt and produced a recessive pied skyblue with the same turquoise hue. According to older books I had back then, that shade is the influence of the green parent(s) who are split to blue. Caspir is absolutely lovely. Is he a baby you raised? What do his parents look like?
Thanks for all the good info, 2many. I bought Caspir from a pet store. I know what you mean about the turquoise. To me, that's not skyblue. But I'm thinking of the actual blue sky. That was throwing me off.

Are there pictures posted of the above mentioned family? I'd like to check them out.

My dearest Anré, if tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I’d walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.