Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - What mutations are these birds?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 06:59 AM
nev90
Member of the Month January 2009

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Breeder
Gallery: 0
nev90 has much to be proud ofnev90 has much to be proud ofnev90 has much to be proud ofnev90 has much to be proud ofnev90 has much to be proud ofnev90 has much to be proud ofnev90 has much to be proud ofnev90 has much to be proud of

Greywing and dilute mutations are always hard to be sure about but I'll try:

The 1st one could be a yellow face dominant pied dilute but without a back view it is only a guess

The chick in the 2nd picture is probably a yellow face greywing

3rd picture looks like dilute suffused with grey

4th picture is a yellow face opaline greywing sky blue

5th picture. Not sure if it is a dilute or a grey-green greywing. It could also be cinnamon which makes it even harder to judge without breeding history

Here are pictures of two of my birds whose mutations are difficult to see. The first one is a T2 yellow face cinnamon clearwing. Although the cinnamon is not obvious she must be cinnamon because her father is cinnamon (Her cheek patches are a good clue).

The second bird I thought was a clearwing with light cheek patches or a greywing with pale wing markings until I decided to test breed her to find out her mutation. Mated to a cinnamon cock she produced six cinnamon chicks of both sexes which proves that she must be a cinnamon as well as her other mutation