Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Chicks' Mutations and Colors Pt 2
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Corina
Senior Budgie
State:

Gallery: 5
Corina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chicks' Mutations and Colors Pt 2

This is a follow up of this thread: https://www.talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=53120

The parents: Violet grey green opaline cock split for blue X Albino hen (yellow from mineral block)

The chicks

Chick 1 - Grey green opaline

He looks a bit lighter than dad and his cheek patches are more greyish looking so I'm assuming he doesn't have the violet factor.

Chick 2 - Violet skyblue opaline

His color is much more vibrant in person. He has a very purple tinge to him especially under the sun, almost fluorescent I would say. His cheek patches are violet like dad's.

Chick 3 - Grey opaline

Grey cheek patches.

Chick 4 - Grey green opaline?

This one's got me so confused. He has green and blue tail feathers as well as flight feathers. His color is more vibrant like dad and his cheek patches are also violet. Could he be a dark green instead? I have a dark green and they don't look similar to me

Also here's another question.. I don't know how the grey factor works, can the gene be carried or does it have to be visual? Like lets say the second chick. He is a violet skyblue can he carry the grey factor or not? How does that work?