View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:39 AM
louara (& gracie-mae)
Veteran Budgie
State:

Number of Budgies: one
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 7
louara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond reputelouara has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up BOTM Contest/July 2010

Budgie of the Month July 2010

This month is officialy closed for entries.
Click here to vote:
Poll # 1 : https://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=57376
Poll # 2 : https://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=57372

Welcome to a brand new month with a brand new challenge! What a fantastic kickoff we had last month, we even have our own BOTM Forum now!

Let's start out by reviewing the rules and regulations.

Rules and Regulations
Each month a theme will be presented. All you have to do is simply snap a photo of your budgie(s) matching the theme of the month.
Please submit a recent photo.

Exception: I have received requests from members asking if they can enter photos of their budgies who have passed away. I have decided to make an exception to the recent photo rule in these cases. I will allow older photos of departed budgies.

The photo must be of a budgie(s); other birds are allowed to be in the photo but make sure the focus of your shot is on the budgie(s)
This is a no-frills photo competition.
No Photoshopping.
No props.
No enhancements such as glitter writing, sparkles etc.
The only enhancement you are allowed to do is photo cropping.

Only one entry is allowed per member.
Staff members are allowed to participate.

Please note that once you send in your entry it is final. You will not be allowed to subsitute it for another photo

The contest opens today and I will accept entries until July 21st. (midnight)
On July 22nd I will post a poll for voting by the members of Talk Budgies and the winner will be announced on July 31st.

All entries must be PM’d to me for posting. Please include your budgie(s) names when you send me the entry, also let me know what you think the next month's challenge should be.

Prizes
The winner will receive 50 karma points!
A desktop wallpaper, featuring the winner will also be awarded. This wallpaper is made available in different sizes for downloading by everyone.Here is the winning entry from last month. Isn't it great! You can download it here:https://photobucket.com/july2010botmwallpapers

The winner will also have the honor of picking the next month’s challenge.

Our winner for June, Ahmed, has chosen this month's challenge

The BOTM theme for July is......

Budgies Eating!

Now this can be budgies feeding each other, sharing a meal together, feeding a favorite toy, feeding you ! or eating a fine meal by themselves as my Gracie-Mae has kindly demonstrated below.

Sounds easy? Good! So break out the good food and start snapping those photos.
I wish you all the best of luck.

To quote Julia Child "Bon Appetit" !

Last edited by louara; 07-21-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: add rule revision