Thread: It has happened
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 11:03 AM
CaptainCarebear (Becca)
Human Jungle-gym
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 6
CaptainCarebear is a fantastic personCaptainCarebear is a fantastic personCaptainCarebear is a fantastic personCaptainCarebear is a fantastic personCaptainCarebear is a fantastic personCaptainCarebear is a fantastic personCaptainCarebear is a fantastic personCaptainCarebear is a fantastic personCaptainCarebear is a fantastic personCaptainCarebear is a fantastic person

I'm so sorry! This happened to me as well. For my birthday, my boyfriend thought it would be sweet to bring home a beautiful budgie. So, he went to get one the day before, and brought her home. She was a spunky little budgie and she seemed to be doing so well. Then, on my birthday, the next day, we came home from mini golfing to see her lying on her back on the bottom of the cage. She was still alive, but she couldn't move. She finally passed while my boyfriend was holding her. We weren't sure what to do. She had already meant quite a bit to us, and we weren't sure if we should get another budgie or not.

We decided against it, until we walked past the budgies on the way out of the store, and saw Odin. I originally never wanted a "typical" budgie because everyone already had one, they were common. But, then I saw him and knew that he belonged home with us.

I don't think you should get one until you feel ready. Maybe find a breeder near you? Then you could visit with the budgies there, and get to know them. Or, if you want, go back to the store, and let them know that this budgie was sick. They should have it tested for illnesses so they can treat the others.

Good luck, and I know it's really hard. I hope you find a way to tell your son that won't break his heart. Children are resistant though.

My website ---> Little Wings Aviary