Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Greywings?
Thread: Greywings?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Corina
Senior Budgie
State:

Gallery: 5
Corina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonic View Post
hi there,

greywing is recessive to normal, so both the parents must be split for it. hens can be split for most recessive varieties, just not the sex-linked ones like opaline etc.

if they turn out to have full body colour, rather than diluted, they could be full bodied greywings. That is a combination of greywing and clearwing, meaning your chick has received a greywing gene from one parent and a clearwing gene from another.
Thank you, that was just the answer I was looking for and I posted this in another forum as well.

That just made perfect sense and I had no idea about full bodied greywings being a combination of those two genes.

I learn something new everyday

I'm just amazed that I had no idea any of my budgies were split for anything at all and out of my whole flock these two just bonded, how lucky for me I love the surprises