Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Chicks Mutation Question - Pair 3
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Corina
Senior Budgie
State:

Gallery: 5
Corina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond reputeCorina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chicks Mutation Question - Pair 3

Last pair, these are the chicks that have me very confused!
Opinions on mutations please?

Here are the parents:

Cock is a goldenface cobalt dominant pied or clearflight? Must be split for opaline since he was two opaline chicks that I wasn't expecting. The hen is a light green normal or dark green?

They had a clutch of five chicks.

I included pictures of their tail feathers, I don't know if they are blue series birds or green series? I'm guessing blue since they all started with blue feathers on their legs and lower belly. They all have clear flights and blue feathers mixed in with the green. And what colors are they?

Chick 1 - He has a very small spot on the back of his head, no band.

Chick 2 - She is one of the opalines, has a very thin yellow band across her belly. No spot.

Chick 3 - This one looks just like chick 1 with a bigger spot on his head.

Chick 4 - Spot on the back of his head, thin yellow band across belly.

Chick 5 - The other opaline, same color as chicks 1 and 3 with no band and no spot but with clear flights.

All chick pictures were taken without flash. The yellow is a little brighter than the pictures show. What do you think?

Last edited by Corina; 08-11-2010 at 10:03 PM.