Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Anyones spangle done this before?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 02:33 AM
CuteLittleBirdies (Lindsey)
Member of the Month March 2011
State:

Gallery: 0
CuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyones spangle done this before?

Hi all!

I have a pair and what I think is one if their babies... although I have no way to know for 100% sure because the breeder had to sell all of their birds quickly because of an illness and I got them from a friend who took alot of the birds in to find new homes for them and was unable to speak to the origional breeder Pic 1 and 2 are of the male when he was a baby, 3 and 4 are of him now going through his first moult and the last is of his father I believe.
As you can see in the baby pics he has the normal dark spangle markings on his back and wings (He is the one all the way to the right) but now that he is moulting what used to be black markings is turning to green as you can see in the 3nd and 4th pic?? With each new feather they are changing color...Its not black and green... just coming in green where it used to be black? Has anyone else had this happen? All of my other spangles went through a moult and came out with the same original colors... but this guy is confusing me! Have you had this happen? Any ideas?

And as for the father I was told he was probably a opaline spangle when I posted pics of him here months ago when I got him, since he had very little dark markings... but its looking like the baby is going to be just like him, with the normal spangle pattern but just with green instead of black, and this baby for sure did not have any of the opaline pattern before this moult. Do you still think the dad is opaline or just has changed colors too like this baby and is not?

Any help and Ideas would be appreciated!!! Thank you in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg English5.jpg (78.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0412.jpg (101.9 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg English spangle light green male 6.jpg (88.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg English spangle light green male 4.jpg (102.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg English spangle opaline green male 1.jpg (113.1 KB, 46 views)