Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Jax & Coco
Thread: Jax & Coco
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 04:55 AM
CuteLittleBirdies (Lindsey)
Member of the Month March 2011
State:

Gallery: 0
CuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidlaw06 View Post
Th

Bit more info, they were both born in January and were from seperate nests (different breeders also). I appreciate some may feel too young for breeding but I have read from some reputable breeders who have bred young from 6 month olds. I hope I don't offend here

Who told you that its ok to breed that young? Did they also tell you all the complications that can happen from it too? There are no reputible breeders that would breed their birds that young... only ones that are out to try and make money as fast as possible from them
A 13 year old child is able to have a baby and many have done it but does that mean its a good idea and should be encouraged or purposfully done?

The reason why its not good for them to breed before they are a year old is becaue they are not physicaly mature enough to handle raising a family. In the wild they breed only specific times a year and this protects them from breeding too young. But for birds that are kept in our homes they enjoy perfect conditions for breeding year round... so its up to us as good owners to do whats best for the birds and thats regulating when we ALLOW them to breed.

If you want strong healthy babies and parents let them mature enough to handle their responsibilities