Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Spangle with opaline???
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 09:12 PM
tonic (Toni)
Older Budgie

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
tonic deserves every one of these pointstonic deserves every one of these pointstonic deserves every one of these pointstonic deserves every one of these pointstonic deserves every one of these pointstonic deserves every one of these pointstonic deserves every one of these pointstonic deserves every one of these points

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev View Post
ok, lets see if I can put this all together in my mind... oh, never mind,, Lindsey your last line is all I really care about...lol...
But since I am trying to understand,, lets assume the hen is sf violet and the cock sf grey. will that give me 25% violet, 25% grey, 25% green and 25% blue, or am I totally off course? And of those colors, 50% spangle and 50% pied, or will there be some normal in there also?
you will not get any greens, as neither parent is green.

if both parents are sf, you will get all blue series. some with grey added, some with violet added, some with both grey and violet added (can look mauveish) and some with neither grey or violet.

for the varieties, you could get normals, spangles, dom pied and dom pied spangles.