Old 12-06-2010, 02:02 AM
elj1977 (Erica)
Hatchling
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
elj1977 is on a distinguished road
Default RIP Daffy

Vi's baby, Mrs. Fezziwig's mother which is my girl, Daffy passed away a few weeks ago. She had a large tumer in the ovaries area. I did tell Vi about it. I believe I did post a pic of her on here last year or so showing pics of Vi's new babies' parents on here. Daffy was special in her own way. I had to clean her rear end every night for a few days and then 2 times a day. Her new mate was Marlon and he stayed with her to the end. Normally Daffy bites when held even for a short time, but during all this she never did bite me. On the day she passed, she let me hold her for a whole half hour. Marlon tried everything to get her to eat that day even when I held her. Daffy then wanted to go back into her cage so I let her go. But as soon as she went in, she collapsed into a massive seizure and Marlon was right there. He started screaming and carrying on. I then picked her up and she closed her eyes and gasped a couple of times. And that was it. Marlon then flew out of the cage and wouldnt bother with anyone for a few hours. He did keep coming over to her body though. I buried Daffy next to 3 others who have passed on before her. Marlon has since recovered from the experiance and has paired up with believe it or not, Daffy's oldest daughter who is the oldest sister to Mrs. Fazziwig, Greenie. Greenie's father is not Marlon, but is Brady who is the father of her and Mrs. Fezziwig. I am attaching pics of Daffy and Marlon. Daffy was 7 years old at the time and Marlon is only one year old. Daffy's daughter Greenie is 2 years old. In the pic of Daffy, is her son Dakota who is Marlon's first son with Daffy. I will be posting her other son Patches somewhere else cause he struck a funny pose and earned the nick name Turkey Vulter which will be the title of the thread. Both Patches and Dakota are paired up to their own mates.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th_6724fd6e.jpg (3.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg th_52947a84.jpg (3.3 KB, 7 views)