Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - What Mutations have white-silver cheek patches?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 04:40 PM
atvchick95
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
State:

Gallery: 5
atvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic person
Question What Mutations have white-silver cheek patches?

I know the following do

Albino
Lutino
Single Factor & Double Factor Spangle

But what other mutations would?

I have a budgie with White -Silvery Cheek patches
that 100% IS NOT none of the Above Mutations - it's 100% impossible

I know this because Her parents are Babies that were bred here, So I know her parents mutations, and the Grandparents mutations on both parents sides

and yes It's Kaylee again LOL I know she's a YF Grey wing Blue series Opaline and either Clear wing or Dominant pied - or both but she has No body color she has some funky yellow-greenish suffusion I catch in the right light every now and then it is more neon in color than most suffusion is

Her dad is Violet Grey Opaline Greywing Clear Flight pied Her Mom is yellow Face Sky blue Dominant Pied Split to Grey wing

Kaylee has no "thumb print" patch on the back of her head that the Pieds usually have- but it may just not be noticeable like everything else on here lol

but she has clear flights, clear tail and What wing markings she does have are pied markings Pink feet/legs, an orange beak (mainly found on recessive pieds) and No throat spots

Kaylee's belly - I can only get this kind of shot when she's on the cage door so sorry about the bars but there is NO color what so ever

in this one you can see her Silvery white Cheek patches - her Wing markings are grey and dots (similar to a recessive pied) you can see the Yellow-green suffusion on her rump

the best Shot i can get so far of the back of her head

I'm wondering if combing mutations (or certain mutations) if it causes the cheek patches not to be the color they should be

because if you put her mutations out in a single form (as if she only carried one of any of them) every one of them has VIOLET cheek patches

going by her Feet color they fit the following mutations
Clear flight pied
Dominant Pied
Recessive Pied

I know a pied can have different cheek patches they call it "pied out" meaning it can be violet and white at the same time

but I don't think it would cause it to go completely white - I've never seen any like that I've seen them be white and violet sort of 2 toned or one side(right or left) be one color while the other side is the opposite color but her's is white -silver on both sides

Last edited by atvchick95; 05-22-2011 at 04:57 PM.