Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - What Mutations have white-silver cheek patches?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 06:09 PM
atvchick95
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
State:

Gallery: 5
atvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic person

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutelilbirdies View Post
I think it is just from the recessive pied mostly, I have one recessive pied thats not mixed with any other type of pied and he has almost completly white cheek patches except for a small little spot at the top:

If your little girl is also domanant or clearflight pied which seems likely since she has so little markings, all it would take was for a small pied spot to cover that area in addition to the recessive gene that probably took most of the color already

Dark eyed clears also have all white cheek patches too

Im not even 100% sure she has recessive pied her mom has a 50/50 chance to be split to it, I only bred her dads parents 2 times and never got any recessive pied - but that doesn't mean anything specially if only one of them were split to it

I did find a mutation I've never heard of that sort of resembles her but i can't find any pictures just the description for it

the only thing that really doesn't match is the feet - and she has markings but that is because she has other mutations mixed in

this is what it says

Quote:
LIGHT YELLOW
General body colour: rump, breast, flanks and underparts buttercup yellow of an even shade throughout and free from any shade of green suffusion.

Mask:
buttercup yellow with the throat spots completely absent or only very faintly discernible. The buttercup yellow of the mask extending over the frontal and crown, to merge with the very faintly discernible undulations at the back of the head. The frontal and crown should be clear and free from all markings.

Markings: on cheeks, back of head, neck and wings, neutral in colour and very faintly discernible with a well-defined buttercup yellow edge, all markings should be free from any intrusion of green suffusion.

Cere: blue in cocks, brown in hens.

Eyes: black with a white iris.

Cheek patches:
white suffused.

Primary wing flights: yellowish and lighter than body colour.

Primary tail feathers: yellowish and lighter than body colour.

Feet and legs: pinkish blue/grey mottled.

Unless it's known by another name I've never heard of it before I got it from
https://www.world-budgerigar.org/
under their Color Standards