Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - What Mutations have white-silver cheek patches?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 06:35 PM
atvchick95
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
State:

Gallery: 5
atvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic personatvchick95 is a fantastic person

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutelilbirdies View Post
RECESSIVE PIED SKYBLUE (LIGHT BLUE)

General body colour: irregular patches of white and deep skyblue with the latter mainly on the lower chest, rump and underparts
Mask: white, ornamented by up to six evenly spaced large round black throat spots, when present the two outer spots to be partially covered by the base of the cheek patches. The white of the mask extending over the frontal and crown, to merge with the black undulations at the back of the head. The frontal and crown should be clear and free from all markings.
Markings: on cheeks, back of head, neck and wings should be black undulations and/or black dots on a white ground, random in pattern and distribution and covering 10% to 20% of the total wing area.
Cere: fleshy pink in cocks, brown in hens.
Beak: orange coloured.
Eyes: dark without a light iris ring.
Cheek patches: violet, silvery white or a mixture of both.
Primary wing flights: white.
Primary tail feathers: white.
Feet and legs: fleshy pink.

It says here recessive pieds can be violet, silvery white, or a mixture of both

With as little markings as she has I would be shocked if she was not recessive pied, especially since you know atleast one parent is split to it and that the other could be

The one you mentioned was under the Yellowface category... not sure on that either lol

But any pied variety could have easily covered her throat spots and removed the color from her cheek patches, and with as little markings as she has she doesnt give much to go off of lol

I've thought recessive pied for a while now well once her markings and color starting show up lol and it took for ever or at least felt that way

as she's been getting older more markings showed up So I am hoping as she gets older still Maybe she'll acquire some body color - that would help me out a bunch LOL

but as a baby when she started getting feathers I thought she was going to be pure white with the yellow over cast from being a yellow face- she had no markings what so ever not even the smallest sign they were there

then at about 2 1/2 months old they started showing up and for the last 2-3 months she's looked the same As the pics I posted Above and she's now 4 months old she'll be 5 months old on June 2 but that pure white belly is so throwing me off