Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - New Rescued Budgie Pics
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Lisa P.
Budgie
State:

Gallery: 0
Lisa P. deserves every one of these pointsLisa P. deserves every one of these pointsLisa P. deserves every one of these pointsLisa P. deserves every one of these pointsLisa P. deserves every one of these pointsLisa P. deserves every one of these pointsLisa P. deserves every one of these points
Default New Rescued Budgie Pics

Hi everyone! I took some pictures of Nancy's new rescued budgie yesterday and I thought I would share them with you.

He is such a bright green, and very pretty. I am hoping someone can tell us his mutation and if possible how old you think he is. We are thinking he is still young even though he doesn't have any baby bars. Also, he is very tiny but looks healthy. Vet appointment is coming up so we will know how much he really weighs and his overall health.

He is still very skittish and will turn his back when approached. Finally saw him actually eating. Nancy was worried that he doesn't eat because she doesn't have to change his food often and she is only giving him a little to help monitor how much he is eating but he ate quite a bit yesterday. But only eats the seed, and not anything else. Still new so we want to make sure he is eating something for now.

Do you see that yellow spot on his head? What is that, I have never seen a "spot" on a birds head like that before. At first I thought it was missing or ruffled feathers but the more I looked the more I realize it is just a spot, there are no missing feathers.

Also, any name suggestions? Nancy is thinking Charlie, Henry, or Oliver...he doesn't look anything like those names to me! I was thinking Rio because of his bright colors but ideas are welcome. It took us almost 3 months to come up with our last birds name Misty.

Thank you everyone for looking and helping with his mutation and everything else.

Lisa

Uh oh...gotta check if this picture posting thing is working again. Had so much trouble trying to post pics of George and I guess I forgot how. If this works I will post the other pics I have.

yay, it worked so here are some more...

See the Yellow Spot on his head?

And closer on this pic

Hope this works. lol

Last edited by Lisa P.; 09-04-2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Picture posting worked