Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - What mutations are these three thanks??
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Dries (Dries)
Member of the Month

Gallery: 0
Dries has a brilliant futureDries has a brilliant futureDries has a brilliant futureDries has a brilliant futureDries has a brilliant futureDries has a brilliant futureDries has a brilliant futureDries has a brilliant futureDries has a brilliant futureDries has a brilliant futureDries has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacoRBow_RSA View Post

# The cost of hand-reared birds vary a lot between countries...we in South-Africa can (at most) get about R20 to R30.

...but when it comes to expert- /world-renowned breeders (that have been in SHOW-hobby for 20+ years)...then the price of show-type can rise to between R400 and R1,500 each (ZAR, rands), or 300GBP to 500GBP (UK prices)....

It's best to consult the local pet-store for competitive price checks or maybe TB-members like ATVchick (USA-based) can provide some pointers on what can be expected...

Good luck,
jacodK
I ask R60-R70 for a hand reared pet type budgie. I also sell my birs to two pet shops - one in Pretoria and one in Polokwane where I get between R 30 - R 40 per bird - not hand reared.

For a show type bird they will pay R 100.

One of our top breeders in SA lives in Garsfontein and his cheapest price for a bird is R 400.

I think the best that you can do is like Jaco said.