Ivermectin Toxicity - Talk Budgies Forums


User Menu
Forum Home
Budgie Gallery
Budgie FAQ
Site Guidelines
How-To-Guide
Members List
Today's Posts
Log In
Register now!
Search



Advanced Search
Popular Forums
Announcements

Budgie Articles

Budgie Talk

Budgie Pictures

Budgie Videos

Budgie Behavior

Determining Gender

Your Budgie's Health

Taming and Bonding

Budgie Breeding

In Memory

Other Birds

Contests

Chit Chat

Site Information

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots
Sponsored Ads

Go Back   Talk Budgies Forums > Budgie Talk > Articles > Articles: Budgie Disease and Illness


 
 
Short URL LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-06-2013, 09:30 PM
FaeryBee's Avatar
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator



State:
 
Profile:FaeryBee is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 7
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 53,676
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 2575
Rep Power: 35
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ivermectin Toxicity



Dose Titration, Efficacy and Safety of Spot-on Ivermectin


There are no over-the-counter remedies for treatment of an ivermectin overdose.
Overdose of ivermectin is a very serious problem, and can cause death, even with proper veterinary treatment.

Ivermectin Toxicity

Author: Dr. Bari Speilman
PetPlace.com


Ivermectin toxicity is seen when an overdose of the drug ivermectin is administered or consumed or in pets with increased sensitivity to the drug. Toxicity results in any number or combination of clinical signs ranging from mild to extremely severe, including death.

Ivermectin is a commonly used parasite drug that causes neurologic damage to the parasite, resulting in paralysis and death. Ivermectin has been used to prevent and treat parasite infections. (as with air sac mites)

The most common causes of ivermectin toxicity are due to administration of excessive doses
Toxicity can occur from a one-time injection or from daily dosing.

What to Watch For

Signs can occur acute or subacutely.
Acute clinical signs of toxicity often develop within 4 to 12 hours of drug exposure.
Subacute signs will often occur with in 48 to 96 hours of exposure.
• Depression
• Vomiting
• Tremors
• Disorientation
• Weakness
• Recumbency (inability to rise)
• Blindness
• Nonresponsiveness
• Slow heart rate
• Anorexia (lack of appetite)
• Stupor

__________________


Last edited by FaeryBee; 11-06-2016 at 06:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 



Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2000- 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - , 2403 Networks LLC. All rights reserved.