Talk Budgies Forums

Talk Budgies Forums (https://www.talkbudgies.com/forum.php)
-   Budgie Pictures (https://www.talkbudgies.com/27-budgie-pictures/)
-   -   ~Princess Mallorn Shares her Cover Photos~ (https://www.talkbudgies.com/budgie-pictures/305305-%7Eprincess-mallorn-shares-her-cover-photos%7E.html)

jrook 08-13-2015 02:41 AM

Princess Mallorn is QUITE lovely! My Lemony is quite jealous of the lovely purple throat spots and quite put out that they are so large, as Ms. Lemony's aren't. :D
She really is very pretty!!

Didoushkaya 08-13-2015 04:23 AM

My, Your Royal Highness, what a moult! I do hope your servant made herself useful while you went through your ordeal with all the forbearance fitting your rank.

I must say the results are worth the dreadful month Your Royal Highness courageously put herself through. My humble congratulations.

My boys would be honoured to be introduced to your court (even though Clouds thinks everyone should be honoured to be introduced to him, should they be that lucky).

aluz 08-13-2015 06:55 AM

Princess Mallorn is even more radiant with her beautiful new feathers! :D

She does have a good set of cheek patches. Personally, I like them on the bigger side too and what I have noticed with mine over the years is that the cheek patches can increase in size as in the area covered by them after the first moult, when young budgies have their first replacement of cheek patches.
After that moult, there's no more increase.
The size of cheek patches also depends on the parentage, even in a clutch the siblings can have cheek patches of varying sizes, depending on whether they took after their mother or father. If both parents have big cheek patches, then the chicks will also have them.

FaeryBee 08-13-2015 11:38 PM


StarlingWings 08-14-2015 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pretty boy (Post 3128353)
Well everybudgie knows purple is the colour for royalty so this seasons accessories are going to be those magnificent throat spots and amazing glossy feathers, what a Princess. Budget thinks she is so cool, and the other two boys would agree if I could entice them into the lounge where my laptop is .:love::bowdown:

Of course they are :cool:
I agree, Cathy--let's let those budgies know that purple is "in" this season :giggle: Mallorn sends her autograph to the boys :rolleyes:
Quote:

Originally Posted by RavensGryf (Post 3128425)
Oh my goodness, 4 out of 6 throat spots! That's quite a molt :giggle:. How old is the gorgeous Princess Mallorn? I just love her particular shade of Aqua, and the opaline on the back too :)! Thanks for the update :D

It was, goodness gracious. You should have seen her right in the midst of it--she was practically naked! :scare:
Um, excuse you!
Sorry. But you did look pretty bad, little one.
Sometimes to go one giant fabulous step forward you have to go two steps back so I'll just go preen my feathers now bye
*sigh* Ah well. Anways, she's going to be 3 later this year :D It's hard to believe it's been so long already! :o
Quote:

Originally Posted by justmoira (Post 3128441)
Beautiful, as always. You must let us know when Vogue has a spread set up for you.

Ah, thank you, you make me want to come back and continue answering my fan mail even though my mum is being irritating. I'm sure it'll be along quite soon!
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrook (Post 3128457)
Princess Mallorn is QUITE lovely! My Lemony is quite jealous of the lovely purple throat spots and quite put out that they are so large, as Ms. Lemony's aren't. :D
She really is very pretty!!

Ehehe, thank you Judy ;) Ms. Lemony is beautiful even without such large throat spots :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Didoushkaya (Post 3128537)
My, Your Royal Highness, what a moult! I do hope your servant made herself useful while you went through your ordeal with all the forbearance fitting your rank.

I must say the results are worth the dreadful month Your Royal Highness courageously put herself through. My humble congratulations.

My boys would be honoured to be introduced to your court (even though Clouds thinks everyone should be honoured to be introduced to him, should they be that lucky).

Oh, well, I like you. My servant was very useful, thank you for asking. She was a slave to my every beck and call and gave me special treats for my feathers like flax seeds and almonds. I had baths in the Royal Water Bowl every day and I made sure to give a shout if I needed anything!
That she did...:o
It's good to hear you think I'm as resplendent as I think I am. I'd be happy to entertain such nobles as Sky and Clouds and even if Clouds is a bit ornery, he'll straighten out once he meets me, I'm sure. Cheerio!
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluz (Post 3128689)
Princess Mallorn is even more radiant with her beautiful new feathers! :D

She does have a good set of cheek patches. Personally, I like them on the bigger side too and what I have noticed with mine over the years is that the cheek patches can increase in size as in the area covered by them after the first moult, when young budgies have their first replacement of cheek patches.
After that moult, there's no more increase.
The size of cheek patches also depends on the parentage, even in a clutch the siblings can have cheek patches of varying sizes, depending on whether they took after their mother or father. If both parents have big cheek patches, then the chicks will also have them.

Thank you Ana ;) https://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/...psr6evfapb.png
:laughing: Interesting thing about the cheek patches, that's what I figured. :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by FaeryBee (Post 3130089)

Deb! You sly fox! :rolleyes: Mallorn will be ecstatic.

Mallorn!
What? I thought that was it.
Not quite, darling. Come here.
This looks like the work of my most favourite Deborah, who humbly serves me to the best of her abilities! My, I look very royal--I knew it would be coming out soon! Glad I got the "first look"--I approve! :king:
Well, she said it! I approve as well ;) It's lovely, Deb, thank you :D

JensBudgies 08-14-2015 03:24 PM

The Princess is looking absolutely stunning! Gorgeous coloring!

StarlingWings 08-14-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JensBudgies (Post 3131417)
The Princess is looking absolutely stunning! Gorgeous coloring!

Thank you, Jen ;)

RavensGryf 08-14-2015 03:39 PM

I love the cover pic on this month's Budgie Vogue :D!! There's a real model!

justmoira 08-14-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaeryBee (Post 3130089)

OMG Deb Hahahahahahahaha AMAZING

Kazooie 08-14-2015 03:57 PM

How adorable??!!! :laugh: I love her colouring :)

Does Mallorn have an open leg band or a closed one? Does it bother her? :D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2000- 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - , 2403 Networks LLC. All rights reserved.