04-12-2013, 05:58 PM
"Let's Talk Budgies" Contest Questions
The Contest Begins NOW!!
“Let’s Talk Budgies!” Contest Questions
1. What is the best way to share articles, websites, photos or videos that are not your own?
2. What is the Talk Budgies Forum Supporter’s Circle?
3. How can you quote more than one person’s post in your reply (multi-quote)?
4. Why does a bird that has been sick perk-up and appear normal when someone walks into the room
5. Budgies are predisposed to developing lipomas; what is a simple way for every budgie owner to help prevent this in their birds?
6. Why is Sunshine and/or full spectrum lighting important for budgies?
7. Name FIVE common signs your budgie may want to begin laying eggs
8. How can you prevent a second clutch of eggs from a hen whose chicks have recently hatched?
9. List THREE causes of splayed legs in budgies
10. What steps should you follow if your budgie is actively bleeding from a broken blood feather?
11. If my budgie has been bleeding (but isn’t actively bleeding now) and has blood on its feathers what should I do to clean them?
12. Why is quarantine important?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
“Let’s Talk Budgies!”
This contest is different than any we’ve held before!
The contest will measure
How much you know about our beautiful little feathered friends
How well you can navigate through our forum categories to find the answers
1. Every Talk Budgie Member is eligible to enter.
2. Entries will only be accepted via Private Message to the Contest Moderator (FaeryBee).
3. Answer the questions on the Entry Form to the best of your ability.
If you don’t know the answer – SEARCH through the forums for the information. 4. Contestants may submit only ONE Entry Form.
(The information is in the forums, you just have to take the time to find it!)
5. The individual answering the most questions correctly (as determined by the Contest Moderator) will WIN!
6. Should there be a Tie, the Contest Moderator will pose a tie-breaker question to the contenders.
7. Final decision regarding the Contest Winner will be determined by the Contest Moderator.
8. The Contest Answers will be posted in the Contest Announcement Thread once the Contest Deadline has passed and the Winner has been determined.
The questions for the “Let’s Talk Budgies” Contest will be posted on Friday, April 12th at 6:00 PM EDT.
Contestants have 3 days to complete and submit their entry form.
The Contest will CLOSE for entries on Monday, April 15th at 6:00 PM EDT.
The Winner will be Announced Thursday, April 18th at 6:00 PM EDT.
The WINNER is to receive a book donated by our very own
Talk Budgie Member
owner and proprietor of:
Budgiekeet will ship the book, titled
What happened to my peanuts? a Holistic Approach to Parrot Nutrition by Gudrun Maybaum
(developer of “Totally Organics” Line of organic pellets and seed mixes)
directly to the contest winner!
The book is even autographed by the author - How cool is that?!
The winner will be asked to provide their correct mailing address (via PM) directly to Budgiekeet.
In addition, the Winner will receive:
50 Karma Points
Custom Signature designed by FaeryBee Fantasy Signatures
Last edited by FaeryBee; 04-18-2013 at 05:41 PM.