Want to find out my budgie gender - Talk Budgies Forums


User Menu
Forum Home
Budgie Gallery
Budgie FAQ
Site Guidelines
How-To-Guide
Members List
Today's Posts
Log In
Register now!
Search



Advanced Search
Popular Forums
Announcements

Budgie Articles

Budgie Talk

Budgie Pictures

Budgie Videos

Budgie Behavior

Determining Gender

Your Budgie's Health

Taming and Bonding

Budgie Breeding

In Memory

Other Birds

Contests

Chit Chat

Site Information

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots
Sponsored Ads

Go Back   Talk Budgies Forums > Budgie Talk > General Budgie Talk > Determining Gender


Determining Gender Having trouble figuring out if your budgie is a male or female? Ask here!

Reply
 
Short URL LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-30-2019, 09:33 AM
lutinopeach's Avatar
lutinopeach (yvonne)
Egg
State:
 
Profile:lutinopeach is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 4
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Newbie
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 10
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 10
Rep Power: 0
lutinopeach is on a distinguished road
Default Want to find out my budgie gender

Hello all, how are we all doing? I am new to this budgie thing, I brought him just over a week go, I've been told that he was a girl but turns out many said it's a boy, so I would like to know 100% what he/her is.
I brought him last Monday and his cere looks like the first and second picture, then on third or fourth day I took him out for sun and that's what the third picture looks like and just before few days ago in forth and fifth picture his cere has bluish shiny colour on it. Does it mean he is more toward boy?
Thanks heaps in advance.

Sent from my CPH1877 using Tapatalk

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 05-30-2019, 11:24 AM
RavensGryf's Avatar
RavensGryf (Julie)
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015

State:
 
Profile:RavensGryf is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 2
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 6,597
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 4942
Rep Power: 16
RavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond repute
Default

You definitely have a cute BOY there . Have you thought of a name yet? Or were you waiting for gender confirmation first? He is really gorgeous.

Please be sure to read through our Stickies in each section before you begin posting questions. You’ll find lots of answers in the Stickies. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, we’re here to help. Also take a look at the links sent to you by FaeryBee upon sign up. This will help you get started as a new member to the community.

Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful yellow guy, and finding out what name you choose!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-30-2019, 07:26 PM
StarlingWings's Avatar
Super Moderator // MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2015


 
Profile:StarlingWings is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 1
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17,461
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 12055
Rep Power: 37
StarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Hi there and to the forums!

Your little boy is absolutely adorable! I look forward to hearing what you name him; he's a beautiful shade of yellow, like sweet corn

You've come to a great place to learn even more about the best of budgie care practices, and it's great to have you here! Be sure to have a look around and read through the many budgie articles and "stickies" (threads "stuck" to the top of each subforum for easy reference) to ensure you're up to date on the best of budgie care practices. If you have any questions after doing so, please do ask as we'd love to help.

We hope to see you around the forums!

__________________

~StarlingWings~
and Princess Mallorn!
Thank you to Deb for her wonderful Faery magic
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 05-30-2019, 08:08 PM
FaeryBee's Avatar
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator



State:
 
Profile:FaeryBee is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 7
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 53,443
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 2575
Rep Power: 35
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Hi! to Talk Budgies

Your new little boy is absolutely precious!

Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, all of the How To Guides, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and the stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.

Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.

These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.

Site Guidelines
Posting on the Forums
Please do not use Emojis from Phones - use Forum Smilies Only
Let's Talk Budgies
How-To Guides
FAQs Frequently Asked Questions
Budgie Articles
List of Stickies
Be Prepared for Veterinary Expense
Avian First Aid
Why Quarantine?

A Heartfelt Plea to All Members
Guidance regarding Breeding Advice Threads

Recommended Minimum Cage Sizes
Essentials for a Great Cage
Resource Directory

When you upload pictures as attachments directly from your computer, tablet or phone, the forum automatically defaults to landscape. Additionally, the picture appears as what we term a “thumbnail” attachment.

To upload full-sized pictures with the proper orientation, please use a photo-sharing service such as Imgur and follow the steps in these instructions:
How to Post Full Size Pictures from a Photo Sharing Site
You can practice uploading pictures in the site’s “Test Forum:
Test Forum

By the way, all photos entered in any of our forum contests must be a full-size photo and not a thumbnail attachment so it's good to know how to upload them!

If you have any questions after reading through everything, please be sure to ask!

Glad you decided to join us and looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-02-2019, 07:23 PM
Blingy's Avatar
Blingy (Kellie)
Young Budgie
State:
 
Profile:Blingy is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 3
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 785
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 713
Rep Power: 3
Blingy is a splendid one to beholdBlingy is a splendid one to beholdBlingy is a splendid one to beholdBlingy is a splendid one to beholdBlingy is a splendid one to beholdBlingy is a splendid one to beholdBlingy is a splendid one to behold
Default

Hello there, this little guy looks familiar. Hello Peaches, you handsome lad. Great to see you here. These people are so helpful and friendly and you won’t get contradictory information like you do in those groups. Welcome.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-03-2019, 07:18 AM
lutinopeach's Avatar
lutinopeach (yvonne)
Egg
State:
 
Profile:lutinopeach is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 4
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Newbie
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 10
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 10
Rep Power: 0
lutinopeach is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy View Post
Hello there, this little guy looks familiar. Hello Peaches, you handsome lad. Great to see you here. These people are so helpful and friendly and you won’t get contradictory information like you do in those groups. Welcome.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you.

Sent from my CPH1877 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensGryf View Post
You definitely have a cute BOY there . Have you thought of a name yet? Or were you waiting for gender confirmation first? He is really gorgeous.

Please be sure to read through our Stickies in each section before you begin posting questions. You’ll find lots of answers in the Stickies. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, we’re here to help. Also take a look at the links sent to you by FaeryBee upon sign up. This will help you get started as a new member to the community.

Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful yellow guy, and finding out what name you choose!
Hi, thank you for replying me, I named him peaches as I was told he was a girl but I still stick to the name peaches and didn't change it

Sent from my CPH1877 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlingWings View Post
Hi there and to the forums!

Your little boy is absolutely adorable! I look forward to hearing what you name him; he's a beautiful shade of yellow, like sweet corn

You've come to a great place to learn even more about the best of budgie care practices, and it's great to have you here! Be sure to have a look around and read through the many budgie articles and "stickies" (threads "stuck" to the top of each subforum for easy reference) to ensure you're up to date on the best of budgie care practices. If you have any questions after doing so, please do ask as we'd love to help.

We hope to see you around the forums!

His name is peaches, thank you for replying

Sent from my CPH1877 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryBee View Post
Hi! to Talk Budgies



Your new little boy is absolutely precious!



Please take the time to read through the Site Guidelines, all of the How To Guides, the FAQs, the Budgie Articles and the stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.



Truly, the very BEST advice anyone can offer you is to take the time to read ALL of the stickies throughout the various Talk Budgie forums as well as the Budgie Articles we have posted.



These are great resources for Talk Budgie members and have a wealth of reliable information which will assist you to learn the best practices in caring for your budgies for their optimal health and well-being.



Site Guidelines

Posting on the Forums

Please do not use Emojis from Phones - use Forum Smilies Only

Let's Talk Budgies

How-To Guides

FAQs Frequently Asked Questions

Budgie Articles

List of Stickies

Be Prepared for Veterinary Expense

Avian First Aid

Why Quarantine?



A Heartfelt Plea to All Members

Guidance regarding Breeding Advice Threads



Recommended Minimum Cage Sizes

Essentials for a Great Cage

Resource Directory



When you upload pictures as attachments directly from your computer, tablet or phone, the forum automatically defaults to landscape. Additionally, the picture appears as what we term a “thumbnail” attachment.



To upload full-sized pictures with the proper orientation, please use a photo-sharing service such as Imgur and follow the steps in these instructions:

How to Post Full Size Pictures from a Photo Sharing Site

You can practice uploading pictures in the site’s “Test Forum:

Test Forum



By the way, all photos entered in any of our forum contests must be a full-size photo and not a thumbnail attachment so it's good to know how to upload them!



If you have any questions after reading through everything, please be sure to ask!



Glad you decided to join us and looking forward to seeing you around the forums.



Thank you

Sent from my CPH1877 using Tapatalk

Last edited by RavensGryf; 06-03-2019 at 12:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-03-2019, 12:09 PM
RavensGryf's Avatar
RavensGryf (Julie)
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015

State:
 
Profile:RavensGryf is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 2
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 6,597
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 4942
Rep Power: 16
RavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I merged your reply posts for you.

In the future, if you’d like to fit more than one reply on the same post, you can do so by clicking the icon in the lower right corner that looks like a square with quote marks and a plus sign.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply



Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2000- 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - , 2403 Networks LLC. All rights reserved.