Introducing Fruits and Veggies? - Talk Budgies Forums


User Menu
Forum Home
Budgie Gallery
Budgie FAQ
Site Guidelines
How-To-Guide
Members List
Today's Posts
Log In
Register now!
Search



Advanced Search
Popular Forums
Announcements

Budgie Articles

Budgie Talk

Budgie Pictures

Budgie Videos

Budgie Behavior

Determining Gender

Your Budgie's Health

Taming and Bonding

Budgie Breeding

In Memory

Other Birds

Contests

Chit Chat

Site Information

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots
Sponsored Ads

Go Back   Talk Budgies Forums > Budgie Talk > Your Budgie's Health > Diet and Nutrition


Diet and Nutrition Discuss issues related to diet and learn about encouraging your budgie to a variety of healthy foods

Closed Thread
 
Short URL LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-09-2017, 11:30 AM
slarmendariz's Avatar
slarmendariz (Summer)
Egg
State:
 
Profile:slarmendariz is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 1
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Newbie
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 14
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 10
Rep Power: 0
slarmendariz is on a distinguished road
Default Introducing Fruits and Veggies?

I've had Disco for three months now, and I've already taken him to the vet for a general health check-up (I've had issues with purchasing animals from Petco and I don't want him to suddenly get sick), I asked her about "table foods" and she said that should only make up about 20% of his diet and the other 80% should be the seed that he's eating. I've been trying to give him bits of fruits and veggies that are safe for him, but he won't try them anymore. He used to eat pieces of carrot and spinach but now he won't touch it. Any suggestions for getting him to try new things?

I thought maybe because he's only 10 months old to mash up some fruits to mimic the mother bird feeding the baby, would that possibly work?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 04-09-2017, 11:50 AM
FaeryBee's Avatar
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator



State:
 
Profile:FaeryBee is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 7
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 53,713
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 2575
Rep Power: 35
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Disco is an adult bird at 10 months old.
Please refer to the threads that are "stickies" in the Diet and Nutrition section of the forum for various ways to introduce Vegetables to Disco.

Check these articles with regard to what comprises a healthy diet for your budgie:

https://talkbudgies.com/articles-diet...ur-budgie.html

https://talkbudgies.com/articles-diet...-seed-mix.html

https://talkbudgies.com/articles-diet...lay-roses.html

Fruit should only be offered once or twice a week due to the high sugar content.
__________________

Closed Thread



Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2000- 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - , 2403 Networks LLC. All rights reserved.