Just recently noticed my Pike boy has the very early beginnings of scaly face- his pretty blue cere is starting to crust around his beak. Luckily I had some Ivermectin (specific strength for birds) on hand, and went to put 1 drop on the back of his neck, but I must not have been restraining him properly and his head turned, causing the drop to go on his feathers.
He's been grooming and preening himself, so my thinking is he'll place the medicine where it needs to be- on the skin. But maybe not. Did I mess it up? I don't dare to try again, I know it's easily overdosed. Should I wait the standard 2 weeks to try again? Or do you think it may still work?
Thank you! I was a little worried that ingesting it would be harmful to him...but its been a couple days and he's been his normal quirky self. I'll just have to dose again in two weeks. Thanks for the quick reply.