Thank you for all the responses and conserns. Sorry in the delay in reply!
Unfortunately my poor little Cosmo didn't make it! She had a short life but she was loved. I feel absolutely horrible for the pain she must of been in.
I will still let you know what happened because I know people will still be curious and its always good to know a personal experience.
On Saturday Cosmo had deteriorated quite a bit since my last post. She looked horrible, she was swollen around ber beak and eyes, she was still tail bobbing and her breathing was a lot worse and she barely would move.
To me it really had seemed her antibiotics made her worse.
I went to a different avian vet saturday (his name was Ian) that was recommended by another bird lover. He was lovely, way more professional and seemed a lot more educated. He looked at her and said he was quite certain that it was Avian Chlymidiosis and gave me the option to do tests to confirm it but advised against it because of how sick she was. Ian gave her an injection of antibiotics and warned me that she still may die but said if she got better to take her back in a week to get another dose and then the same thing the week after. Then I would have had to give her antibiotics orally for the next 3 weeks after that.
Ian also informed me that my boyfriends bird (Nismo) and my two house mates ones (Penot and Gavin) will more than likely be sick aswell, so he gave me antibiotics to put in their water daily for six weeks to treat them. Unfortunately Nismo has started to show signs of sickness.
I set Cosmo up a hospital box when we got home from the vets using a floodlight as a source of heat. I checked on her every 10 minutes making sure the box stayed at 32į and adjusting the distance of the light.
After about 4 hours of being home Cosmo had a seizure and passed away. I didnít know what to do in the situation but she died within a couple of minutes of when she started having the fit.
The vet thinks she may have been sick when I bought her home from the breeder. We called her to inform what happened as her other birds could be sick and ask a couple of questions but she just said all her birds are healthy and said "I canít take all my birds to the vet, how would I make money that way" then said I can have another bird if I like.
Sorry if I am still using Talk Budgies incorrectly, I have read all the how-to and a couple of the stickies but I just thought I would quickly let you guys know what happened before getting to the rest.
Does anyone know if antibiotics can make the sickness worse? Cosmos face only started getting swollen after taking it. I know the vet said otherwise but she just deteriorated so much after taking it.