Thank you everyone
Just updating that Nemo's wing was bandaged and had been for 10 days. I was meant to bring her back after 12 days so they could assess how her wing was healing and remove or replace the bandage depending on what was needed. However Nemo, on the 10th day, decided to pull off the bandage so I'm booked in to see the vet tomorrow.
Now the dilemma is that when I spoke with them over the phone they said that I can bring her in and have her x-rayed again which will involve anaesthetic and again there's always some risk involved for that or I can keep her at home for 2 weeks confined to cage rest and bring her in after that.
Reasons for getting the x-ray now is that they can properly see what the wing is like and beable to deal more precisely. If it is already healed then there's nothing further they can do. So it could be misalligned and that's just how it'll be.
However if it is not healed then they may rebandage which could lead to:
1. Nemo possibly pulling it off again which would lead to me having to bring her back all over again. More x-rays and I really don't want to keep anaesthetising her
2. If the bandage stays on I'd need to bring her back to the vet to get the bandage taken off and to x-ray yet again to ensure it's finally healed.
So I don't know if I should get her x-rayed and anaesthetised tomorrow and then possibly have to bring her back in the future for a 3rd time. I hate anaesthetising her as I'm always scared she may not wake up afterwards. It will also cost twice the money getting everything done twice (now and then possibly the future). It's already cost more than a grand and I am worried how much higher that will go. I especially don't want to do anything that is harmful or unnecessary for Nemo. If I wait the 2 weeks at home the x-ray only happens once. But it means I have no clue how her wing currently is. I'm leaning towards getting her x-rayed though I am nervous about it. She was fine last time with the anaesthetic so I'm hoping it's the same again. Though I'm going to feel awful if I have to bring her back again after tomorrow for more x-rays
. The poor girl. Does anyone else have any experience with broken wings or sick budgies and multiple vet appointments?
On a more happy note: some pics:
Nemo in her little bandage:
Nemo today: Her face wounds are healed and now have little pin feathers coming in