I know this sounds really harsh, and way too soon, but concerning Daes, I was planning on getting her a friend... There's a better pet store in the city where the budgies are looked after REALLY well, and they were all chatty and REALLY friendly... One particular budgie caught my eye, but the sellers said that the birds weren't quite ready to go to a new home yet.
I'm... still quite interested in the perky little thing.. Despite the loss.
Would it be too soon to get another?
I don't want my own grief to cloud the decision, or for it to seem like i'm trying to fill a hole.
...my only justification is that I've been thinking about this for a while now.
If you feel you are ready to have another budgie then there is no reason for you to feel as if you need to justify that decision to anyone.
I suggest you clean and disinfect the cage, perches and toys well before bringing home a new little friend.
When you get another budgie, please make sure it is 8 weeks old and fully weaned.
I buried little Daes with her favourite toys... It'd feel wrong to let another play with them
I'm going to clean out the cage a little later on and take it apart, ready to disinfect.
Can I do it with a diluted bleach solution and rinse it all out thoroughly afterwards, or do I need something else?