Being fairly new to keeping budgies again, I must say watching my parakeet flock of males is like watching a soap opera. Oh the drama!
- Sunny Bird and Abacus were our first two, and they were buddies until I got another budgie, Sprinkles.
- After a few weeks, Abacus took a shine to Sprinkles which made Sunny Bird quite mad, although Abacus would still spend time with Sunny Bird.
- I decided that I wanted a flight cage since I had read I should keep an even number of birds and my cage was too small... and made the mistake of looking on craigslist where there was the exact cage I wanted but with two budgies. Picked up another budgie to make it 6...
- When everyone was introduced, Sunny Bird just HAD TO HAVE Licorice. Licorice and Noodles were the birds that came in the cage and were friends. This left Noodles quite angry and damaged Sunny Bird's relationships with the other birds as Sunny Bird was aggressively keeping everyone else away from Licorice. No one else really wants anything to do with Sunny Bird now... And Noodles is still upset with Licorice about letting it happen... oh my!
- Abacus is quite the man's man(?!). He is friends with Sprinkles(BFF), Checkers, Licorice, and is the only one besides Licorice that is tolerant of Sunny Bird.
- Did you keep up with all of that?
I have no doubt I could have done introductions better, but things settled down fairly quickly and for the most part everyone is getting along (or tolerating each other?). There is the occasional squabble, but it ends quickly.