Noah broke into the pantry! - Talk Budgies Forums


User Menu
Forum Home
Budgie Gallery
Budgie FAQ
Site Guidelines
How-To-Guide
Members List
Today's Posts
Log In
Register now!
Search



Advanced Search
Popular Forums
Announcements

Budgie Articles

Budgie Talk

Budgie Pictures

Budgie Videos

Budgie Behavior

Determining Gender

Your Budgie's Health

Taming and Bonding

Budgie Breeding

In Memory

Other Birds

Contests

Chit Chat

Site Information

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots
Sponsored Ads

Go Back   Talk Budgies Forums > Off Topic > Lighthearted and Upbeat Chit Chat Only


Lighthearted and Upbeat Chit Chat Only Lighthearted Topics ONLY are to be adddressed here. Topics such as religion, politics and any personal problems or issues should be discussed privately, or on other Social Media, NOT on the Talk Budgies forums.

Closed Thread
 
Short URL LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-29-2015, 06:25 PM
Niamhf's Avatar
Niamhf (Niamh)
Member of the Month June 2015
State:
 
Profile:Niamhf is offline
Gender:
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 4491
Rep Power: 15
Niamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Noah broke into the pantry!

Noah went quiet this morning during the morning routine (I normally have to fend him off whilst I'm cleaning his cage). The suspicious silence could only mean trouble! And sure enough I found him in the pantry crunching away at salt flakes!!! Of course the second I scolded him he jumped into the dish protecting his findings and started squawking!!
Little rascal.
I took it away and offered him water but he wasn't interested. I hope he'll be okay now I'm kind of worried.

__________________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-29-2015, 06:42 PM
FaeryBee's Avatar
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator



State:
 
Profile:FaeryBee is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 7
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 53,520
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 2575
Rep Power: 35
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute
Default

What a mischievous little fellow!

I imagine the only effect of eating some of the salt flakes will be that Noah will be more thirsty throughout the day.
Maybe you soulc offer him a bath. Perhaps he'll enjoy drinking and playing in it at the same time.
__________________

  #3  
Old 07-29-2015, 07:05 PM
StarlingWings's Avatar
Super Moderator // MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2015


 
Profile:StarlingWings is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 1
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17,479
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 12055
Rep Power: 37
StarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Noah, what a rascal! Goodness, he really is a troublemaker

I'm glad he's okay and I'm sure he'll only be more thirsty as mentioned!
__________________

~StarlingWings~
and Princess Mallorn!
Thank you to Deb for her wonderful Faery magic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 07-29-2015, 07:18 PM
Birding's Avatar
Birding (Sean & Chloe)
Young Budgie
State:
 
Profile:Birding is offline
Number of Budgies: 1
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 897
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 1475
Rep Power: 8
Birding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic person
Default

What a little trouble-maker! If there is one true thing in the world of parrots, it's that silence means trouble! One time Penry was caught licking all the salt off a pretzel; he was fine, just thirsty. A bath sounds like a good idea
  #5  
Old 07-29-2015, 07:42 PM
Jonah's Avatar
Jonah (Randy)
Servant of The King


State:
 
Profile:Jonah is offline
Gender:
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 11,970
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 16454
Rep Power: 43
Jonah has a reputation beyond reputeJonah has a reputation beyond reputeJonah has a reputation beyond reputeJonah has a reputation beyond reputeJonah has a reputation beyond reputeJonah has a reputation beyond reputeJonah has a reputation beyond reputeJonah has a reputation beyond reputeJonah has a reputation beyond reputeJonah has a reputation beyond reputeJonah has a reputation beyond repute
Default

After seeing some of your video's of him, this is not hard to believe...
I am sure he will be fine...
__________________

He came down from Heaven unto this earth below
He came down from glory and praises untold
He came down to man fashioned in their way
He came down to rescue, He came down to save
  #6  
Old 07-29-2015, 08:49 PM
Jo Ann's Avatar
Jo Ann (Jo Ann)
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award August 2016//MOTM May 2013


State:
 
Profile:Jo Ann is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 12+-
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Atlanta area, GA USA
Posts: 4,408
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 11967
Rep Power: 32
Jo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Noah

Wild bird use salt licks. Kelp is salty. The brown salt wheel has much needed iodine in it. my vet commented that they were glad to see the salt wheel in my travel cage. Farm supply stores sell them for as little as 30cents and I buy a case so it is even cheaper. I hang the salt wheel with the cuttlebone and watch as they run take a drink the go for a lick and crunch and then back for a drink. Budgie's mouth is naturally dry so I see why they take a drink and then lick. salt is a natural part of diet just not a binge, but once will not hurt!! Blessings, Jo Ann
__________________

Thanks for the signature FaeryBee
  #7  
Old 07-29-2015, 09:39 PM
Pretty boy's Avatar
Pretty boy (Cathy)
Veteran Budgie
State:
 
Profile:Pretty boy is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 4
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Karridale, west australia
Posts: 12,513
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 8700
Rep Power: 29
Pretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond reputePretty boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Noah is a rascal, he will be fine I am sure. Budget loves to knock the salt shaker onto the floor and try and get any left overs for himself . he also flies straight to Rob's plate after I let him out if we have just eaten. He knows where his salt is LOL.
__________________
  #8  
Old 07-29-2015, 11:16 PM
Niamhf's Avatar
Niamhf (Niamh)
Member of the Month June 2015
State:
 
Profile:Niamhf is offline
Gender:
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 4491
Rep Power: 15
Niamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryBee View Post
What a mischievous little fellow!

I imagine the only effect of eating some of the salt flakes will be that Noah will be more thirsty throughout the day.
Maybe you soulc offer him a bath. Perhaps he'll enjoy drinking and playing in it at the same time.
Thanks Deb 😊
I need eyes at the back of my head with him😝 he has a large water dish that he regularly bathes in but he hasn't bothered so far but I called Luke just now as he was able to do some work from home earlier before heading out and he said Noah is fine he's just been eating his pellets.


Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlingWings View Post
Noah, what a rascal! Goodness, he really is a troublemaker

I'm glad he's okay and I'm sure he'll only be more thirsty as mentioned!
Haha yes trouble he certainly is he's such a nosy little bird 😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birding View Post
What a little trouble-maker! If there is one true thing in the world of parrots, it's that silence means trouble! One time Penry was caught licking all the salt off a pretzel; he was fine, just thirsty. A bath sounds like a good idea
Haha cheeky Penry - and they're so delighted with themselves too they think it's a great achievement😂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
After seeing some of your video's of him, this is not hard to believe...
I am sure he will be fine...
Yes he's a hyper chicky alright and I'm glad to say he doesn't seem to have side effects from it 😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Ann View Post
Wild bird use salt licks. Kelp is salty. The brown salt wheel has much needed iodine in it. my vet commented that they were glad to see the salt wheel in my travel cage. Farm supply stores sell them for as little as 30cents and I buy a case so it is even cheaper. I hang the salt wheel with the cuttlebone and watch as they run take a drink the go for a lick and crunch and then back for a drink. Budgie's mouth is naturally dry so I see why they take a drink and then lick. salt is a natural part of diet just not a binge, but once will not hurt!! Blessings, Jo Ann
Thanks Jo Ann that's a relief and how interesting. 😊

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty boy View Post
Noah is a rascal, he will be fine I am sure. Budget loves to knock the salt shaker onto the floor and try and get any left overs for himself . he also flies straight to Rob's plate after I let him out if we have just eaten. He knows where his salt is LOL.
You should have seen him when I found him and the way he jumped into the dish! He's so funny when he's answeribg back after being scolded - he stands really tall with his legs and claws spread for a greater effect and squawks really loudly whilst nodding his head 😂 cheeky little racscal!! 😊
__________________
  #9  
Old 07-30-2015, 01:40 AM
Kate C's Avatar
Member of the Month October 2008
State:
 
Profile:Kate C is offline
Gender:
Number of Budgies: 100'
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Outer suburbs of Sydney
Posts: 6,826
Gallery: 3
Karma:
Points: 5073
Rep Power: 24
Kate C has a reputation beyond reputeKate C has a reputation beyond reputeKate C has a reputation beyond reputeKate C has a reputation beyond reputeKate C has a reputation beyond reputeKate C has a reputation beyond reputeKate C has a reputation beyond reputeKate C has a reputation beyond reputeKate C has a reputation beyond reputeKate C has a reputation beyond reputeKate C has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Niamh in the wild Kaks will eat kelp that has washed up on the beach. It is naturally part of their diet and they eat it when they know they need to. In the wild they are mainly living on small island around NZ where rats have not arrived at. So kelp and seaweed are often found on the beaches where they live. They also eat lots of flowers in the wild.

As Jo Ann has said you can get natural mineral blocks from Stock Feed Stores often they have small pieces broken off larger blocks that they sell. I am sure that Kellyville Pets probably have it for sale as well. I use seaweed meal in my hand raising mix that I make.

Noah obviously knew he needed some salt and he went for it.
  #10  
Old 07-30-2015, 03:39 AM
Niamhf's Avatar
Niamhf (Niamh)
Member of the Month June 2015
State:
 
Profile:Niamhf is offline
Gender:
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,510
Gallery: 0
Karma:
Points: 4491
Rep Power: 15
Niamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond reputeNiamhf has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate C View Post
Niamh in the wild Kaks will eat kelp that has washed up on the beach. It is naturally part of their diet and they eat it when they know they need to. In the wild they are mainly living on small island around NZ where rats have not arrived at. So kelp and seaweed are often found on the beaches where they live. They also eat lots of flowers in the wild.

As Jo Ann has said you can get natural mineral blocks from Stock Feed Stores often they have small pieces broken off larger blocks that they sell. I am sure that Kellyville Pets probably have it for sale as well. I use seaweed meal in my hand raising mix that I make.

Noah obviously knew he needed some salt and he went for it.
Thanks Kate I'll definitly enquire about it. I might need to source some kelp for him 😊
__________________
Closed Thread



Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright © 2000- 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2006 - , 2403 Networks LLC. All rights reserved.