I know I just posted about my new budgie a few days ago, but she's already gone. I'm not sure what happened. She was fine one minute and bouncing around the cage, and the next thing I know she's not responding when I approach the cage. I tried to make her as comfortable as I could since I knew she probably wasn't going to make it. I feel like such a bad budgie mom. But at the same time, I'm wondering if perhaps the babies the breeder had weren't as healthy as they could have been. Do I risk getting another one from the clutch, (is that the correct word?) or should I just get my money back and take my chances at one of the three pet stores in the nearby town? I'm just worried all the babies are sick and I'll have to go through losing a baby I've already bonded with. Should I completely scrub down my cage and toys to make sure nothing Sora had can be transmitted to the new baby, should I get one soon? Please forgive any errors, I'm writing this post from my phone and it only lets me see so far ahead. I really hope you guys can help me out. I want to make sure nothing happens to my new budgie when/if I get him/her. I know I want another, I just don't know when I'll feel up to it. I had already bonded so close with Sora & it had only been a week. Please help in any way & thanks for taking the time to read this long post. Sorry it's not more organized. not moreized.you
i agree with absolutangel im sure your a great budgie mom, things like this happens and theres not much you can do about it,
i would buy a baby from a different clutch just to be on the safe side, and yes to scrub down your cage just in case sora had something.
thanks so much for the condolences guys. I am going to see about getting my money back rather than getting another baby from the breeder. he's already said i could have another, which is great, but i would rather wait & go elsewhere i think. -huggles for all-